SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF TEHAMA
Superior Court of California County of Tehama
THE GREAT SEAL OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
HOME CONTACT US Courthouse Directions and Hours of Operation FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Employment Opportunities Site Map
THE GREAT SEAL OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA  
Seal of California
General Information
Traffic
Criminal
Civil & Famil Law
Small Claims
Family Court Services
Probate Court
Juvenile
Jury Services
Calendars
Online Case Index
Self Help
Useful Links
Navigation
General information about Tehama County and its Courthouse

Quick Links
  LINK Accommodations for
     Persons with Disabilities
  LINK Contact Us
  LINK Courthouse Directions
     & Hours of Operation
  LINK Court Reporters
  LINK General Information About
     Tehama County & its Courthouse
  LINK Grand Jury
  LINK Holidays
  LINK Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan
  LINK Court Rules (1/1/13)
  LINK Standing Orders
Tehama County is situated in the northern Sacramento Valley, comprised of 1,888,670 acres and has a population of approximately 63,463. The Sacramento River runs through the central portion of Red Bluff, which provides endless varieties of outdoor recreation. Some of the greatest western events in the nation, such as the PRCA-sanctioned Red Bluff Round-Up, the Annual Bull & Gelding Sale, and the Pacific Coast Cutting Horse Association's Red Bluff Winter Round-Up, are held in Tehama County.

The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama, is a unified superior court, served by four judicial officers, one commissioner and one facilitator. The Court employs approximately thirty-six support staff. The Court has three locations in Red Bluff, which has a population of 14,076.

The Honorable John J. Garaventa is the Court's Presiding Judge. The Court Executive Officer is Ms. Caryn A. Downing.
Tehama Courthouse

Interesting facts about the Tehama County Courthouse:

  • The Tehama County Courthouse was designed by George Sellon and completed in 1922.
  • The Tehama County Courts Building was completed in 1988.

From 1856 until 1989, the Tehama County Judge (and later the Superior Court presiding judge) held the ownership title to the courthouse. It was not until 1989 that the title to the courthouse was conveyed to the County.