S.H.A.R.P. | Family Facilitator
Self Help Assistance & Referral Program
633 Washington Street, 2nd Floor
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Self-Help Assistance & Referral Program (S.H.A.R.P.)
S.H.A.R.P. and Family Law Facilitator Assistance Areas
The self-help center staff does not give legal advice such as one would obtain from private counsel. There is no confidential attorney-client relationship between attorneys at the center and the self represented litigants who seek legal information. The staff will provide information about procedure; substantive law and choices litigants may have, thereby allowing people to make informed decisions about their cases. Staff can assist litigants in completing their legal forms by explaining what information is being sought.
Mission: Serving the Public
- Special consideration is given to making the Self Help Center “user friendly” to everyone, regardless of language or ability.
- Many of the resource materials will be available in Spanish.
- The Self Help Center sites provide community based referrals to agencies and non-profit organizations to further help people access the assistance they may need.
The Self-Help program can assist self-represented litigants with a variety of legal issues, including:
Order to Show Cause
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Modification/Changes to
Notice of Motion
- Set Aside Voluntary
Declaration of Paternity
- Set Aside Default Paternity
Name Change of
- Self (adult)
- Order to Show Cause
- Notice of Motion
Uncontested, Contested, Stipulated)
- Petition for Custody and
Support of Minor Children
Disclosure Documents (Dissolution)
Small Claims (Plaintiff and Defendant)
Restraining Orders (and responses)
- Civil Harassment
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse/Workplace Violence
Evictions/Unlawful Detainer (Tenant and Landlord)
Bifurcation of Marital Status
Set aside of default (family law matters)
Change of venue
Procedural information about court and forms
Income and Expense Declarations
Guardianship/Guardianship Terminations (Probate)
** Special workshops for grandparents and elderly
** Alternatives to Guardianship
Step parent adoptions (with signed, uncontested consent of biological parent)
Emancipation (of Minor)
|Assistance is provided through workshops and individual appointments. Please call for an appointment.
The SHARP Program provides several services in the family law area that are not offered by the Family Law Facilitator's Office. These services include the following:
- Providing assistance to the parties in finalizing their divorce (obtaining a final judgment);
- Providing assistance to parties in initiating and responding to Orders to Show Cause and Notice of Motion for issues other than child and spousal support (How to get interim orders for control of property, use of vehicles, assignment of responsibility for the payment of debts, etc.);
- Providing assistance to parties in initiating and responding to Change of Venue Motions;
- Providing information to parties on how to proceed with summary dissolution (How to obtain an uncontested divorce);
- Providing assistance to parties in initiating and responding to domestic violence restraining orders.
- Providing assistance to all parties in the preparation of all documents involved in guardianships.
- Providing assistance to parties in initiating and responding to injunctions prohibiting harassment (civil harassment).
|Do you need assistance with something else?
Please call us for a free referral to
agency/person that may be able to assist you!
You DO NOT need to be a resident of Glenn, Butte, or Tehama County to receive help from our Self Help Centers. We assist anyone with the above types of legal issues.
Where can I go to get assistance with these issues? (See Below)
|FAMILY LAW FACILITATOR
|| ||SELF HELP ASSISTANCE & REFERRAL PROGRAM
BUTTE COUNTY - (530) 532-7004
Melanie Snider, Facilitator
Lake - (707) 263-9024
RED BLUFF (TEHAMA CO.) - (530) 828-3250
Scott Lyon, Facilitator
1675 Montgomery Street
Lower Level of Carnegie
Inside Chico Courthouse
633 Washington St., 2nd Floor
380 N. Main St., Suite J
Lakeport, CA 95453
Family Law Facilitator
The Family Law Facilitator's Office provides several services that include the following:
- Providing educational materials to parents concerning the court process of establishing parentage and establishing, modifying and enforcing child and spousal support;
- Distributing necessary court forms and voluntary declarations of paternity, assistance in completing the forms;
- Preparing support schedules based upon statutory guidelines;
- Providing referrals to the local child support agency, family court services and other community resources that provide services for parents and children; and
- Providing assistance on child support issues.